Shatter effect tutorial in After Effects
Learn Shatter Effect in After Effects to create Shatter Effect with this tutorial Shatter Effect in After Effects.
After Effects Shatter Effect
Learn Shatter Effect in After-Effects tutorial to create Shatter Effect in After-Effects. With this Shatter Effect in After-Effects tutorial you can learn how to make Shatter Effect quickly and easily. Making Shatter Effect in After-Effects is a very simple method. To create Shatter Effect you just need After-Effects and few minutes. You can use any After-Effects version for this Shatter Effect in After-Effects tutorial. Follow the steps below.
Shatter in After Effects without any plug-in
In this Shatter Effect in After Effects tutorial you will learn two advanced After Effects Shatter animation technique for 'Glass Pane Shattering' or 'Window Pane Shattering' or 'Breaking Objects into Pieces' without any third party plug-in.
Shatter Effect in After Effects is not bad for a decade-old dynamics simulator. It can employ extruded flat polygons to model the chunks. A pane of glass is one of the few physical objects that would shatter into irregular polygons, and Shatter contains built-in controls for specifying the size of the shards in the point of impact.
After Effects has some controls like (1) View (2) Render (3) Shape (4) Force (5) Gradient (6) Physics (7) Textures (8) Camera Position (9) Lighting (10) Material etc.
In this Shatter Effect in After Effects tutorial I want to present two simple examples. The first one is a text which I want to break into pieces and a second one is a picture frame with the same look.
Breaking or Shattering Text in After Effects
Now, go through this step-by-step breaking or shattering text tutorial Shatter Effect in After Effects.
1. For this, at first I have written the text (After Effects Shatter) in the workspace with the text tool.
2. Drag and drop the “Shatter” effect from the “Simulation” effect from “Effects & Presets” list on the text (After Effects Shatter).
3. Now, in “Effects Controls” panel select the “View” option to “Rendered” from the drop down menu.
4. Then, select the "Render" option to "All".
5. Expand the "Shape" menu and change the "Patterns" to "Stars and Triangles" and Origin to the centre of the text.
6. In “Physics” menu change the Randomness to 1.00 and Viscosity to 0.22, Gravity to 6.0.
7. Under “Force 1” menu change the “Radius” to 0.14 and “Strength” to 0.35 and place the “Force 1” pointer at the beginning of the text (After Effects Shatter) with maintaining the required distance.
8. Now, add a key frame here on "Position" value of the "Force 1" and place the time slider at 5 seconds mark in timeline and change the position of “Force 1” pointer to the end of the text (After Effects Shatter) in the workspace.
9. Now, play the animation with Shatter effect in After Effects.
10. Here you will get the required animation of broken chunks of alphabets one after another moving towards the gravity. It is the look after few frames animation.
In the same way you can generate beautiful “Shatter” effect in After Effects with Shape>pattern>Glass.
Here, you have to animate the “Force 1” and “Force 2” pointer from top to bottom of the image.
Breaking or Shattering image into pieces in After Effects
In the second example of Shatter Effect in After Effects I want to break an image into pieces.
For this, I have used the following image.
Here is a list of properties and values to create Shatter Effect in After Effects.
- View “Rendered”
- Render “All”
- Under Shape menu Pattern value should be “Glass”
- Repetitions “12.50”
- Extrusion Depth “1.0”
- Force 1 and Force 2 Strength to “5.0”
- Under Physics menu Viscosity to “0.00”
- Gravity to “10.00”
I have changed the Rotation Speed to "0.00" in the Physics menu.
Here I have added two key frames on two Forces each (Force 1 & Force 2) “Position” marker and “Strength” properties of the two Forces. Then at the end of the animation sequence I have added two key frames on the same properties with the Position marker of the two Forces at the end of the image.
Some clipping of Shatter Effects in After Effects
Some stills of the Shatter Effect in After Effects from start to finish to inform you how the Shatter Effect look like.
In this way you can create many amazing effects with "Shatter" effects from the simulation menu in After Effects. I think this Shatter Effect in After Effects is helpful to you to learn how to create simple Shatter in After Effects. If so, then follow other After Effects tutorials along with this Shatter Effect in After Effects. Experiment with After Effects Shatter.
Related to Shatter Effect in After Effects
- Explosion in After Effects
- Particles in After Effects
- Depth Of Field in After Effects
- Thunder Lightning in After Effects
- Reflection in After Effects
- 2D to 3D Conversion After Effects
- Rotoscoping in After Effects
- Particle Effects in After Effects
- Smoke in After Effects
- Color Correction in After Effects